QDSA Collaborative Research Grants
With so much activity already underway in the QDSA office, today we have the pleasure of another big announcement!
We are extremely pleased to announce the launch of the inaugural QDSA Collaborative Research Grants. Much planning has gone into this program, and we cannot wait to witness the progress of successfully funded projects.
What Are QDSA Collaborative Research Grants?
The QDSA Collaborative Research Grants is the second funding initiative offered by QDSA. It follows our highly successful HDR Grants program that has seen several recipients receive funding for their research projects across 2021 and 2022.
The QDSA Collaborative Research Grants initiative aims to support research collaborations across the state to facilitate and encourage new ideas and innovation that align with key Defence priority areas.
The program offers successful recipients funding of up to $250k per grant for up to 12 months. QDSA will award funding on a competitive basis. There will be approximately two callouts for Expressions of Interest per year based on available funding.
QDSA Collaborative Research Grant Eligibility
These grants will be highly lucrative, and as such, applicants must satisfy all eligibility criteria as follows:
- For security purposes, the applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Australian Industry partner or additional member University must be engaged for collaboration
The following attributes are desirable:
- co-investment from a Defence industry partner or QDSA member university
- multi-disciplinary team
- cross-discipline University collaborations
When assessing submissions, the QDSA team will examine the following criteria:
- Impact for Defence
- Project feasibility
- Alignment with Defence STaR Shots, Next Generations Technologies Fund priority areas or National Security Science and Technology Priorities
Grant Timeline and Key Dates
The assessment of grants will follow a two-stage process:
Stage 1 – Call for Expressions of Interest
Stage 2 – Request for Detailed Proposal (expected week of 29th August)
Applicants should note the following key dates:
- EOI Applications Open – 30th June 2022
- EOI Applications Close – 31st July 2022
- EOIs will be shortlisted and ranked by DSTG – 22nd August 2022
- Request detailed proposal – 29th August 2022
- Detailed proposal due – 19th September
- Selection panel meets – week starting 26th September 2022
- Anticipated notification of outcomes – 15th October 2022
How To Apply
Head to the QDSA Collaborative Research Grants page for complete application requirements and to submit your EOI.
The QDSA team is incredibly excited about our new initiative and the advances in innovation in Defence that it will support. We look forward to receiving your EOI submissions and supporting these very deserving projects.
QDSA Upcoming Events and Opportunities
QDSA has many upcoming events and opportunities, with more being added each week. Want to find out what is on the horizon? Check out our News section on our website here or subscribe to our e-newsletter here.
The Queensland Defence Science Alliance (QDSA) is a university-led initiative to grow and connect an agile Defence innovation ecosystem, leveraging Queensland’s strengths, to deliver trusted solutions to meet Defence requirements.